Bogard Botello is a founder and Partner at Atlantico Capital. Mr. Botello has over 15 years of investment banking experience in Latin America.
Mr. Botello has been responsible for the origination and execution of a variety of advisory and capital raising transactions in excess of US$ 15 billion, which include three mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings, privatizations, syndicated loans and capital markets in the Caribbean, Central America and the US, across a wide array of industries (telecommunications, financial institutions, consumer products, energy, etc.)
Prior to joining Atlantico Capital he was Director and Head of Corporate Finance for Ecuador, Central America and the Caribbean for Citi Corporate and Investment Banking, based in Miami. Previously, Mr. Botello was the Corporate Bank Head of Citibank Panama where he was responsible for corporate banking business and for the origination and execution of transactions in the country. In addition, he was the Head of the External Debt Department at the Ministry of Economy and Finance of the Republic of Panama.
Mr. Botello holds an MBA in Finance from Universidad Latina de Ciencia y Tecnología and an Economics Degree from Universidad de Panamá. Mr. Botello is fluent in both Spanish and English.
- Advised Trafigura on its $330MM Senior Secured Syndicated Financing for its Puma Central America subsidiary acquisition of Exxon Mobil’s downstream assets in 6 countries in Central America.
- Comcel Structured a $320MM 7-yr Senior Unsecured Syndicated Loan for Comunicaciones Celualres, S.A.
- Grupo Monge Advised Grupo Monge on its $175MM debt restructuring.
- Amnet Cable Advised Amnet Cable CR, S.A., operating under the Tigo brand, on its $120MM debt restructuring.
- CPG Advised Caribbean Property Group on its $146MM debt restructuring.
- Aeroman Advised Caoba Capital on its $114MM Senior Secured Syndicated Financing for the acquisition of Aeromantenimientos, S.A. from Aveos Fleet Performance Inc.
- Grupo Rovira Advised Grupo Rovira on its $160MM Senior Secured Syndicated Financing for the acquisition of the Mexican operations of Yum! Brands – Pizza Hut and KFC.
- CCR Advised Cervecería Costa Rica on its $205MM Senior Unsecured Syndicated Financing for the acquisition of North American Breweries, LLC.
- GTP Towers Advised Global Tower Partners on its $60MM Secured Syndicated Financing for the acquisition of Centennial Towers CR, S.A.
- Panama Structured a $215MM NEXI Guaranteed Senior Syndicated Loan for the Madden Colon Highway.
- Panama Structured a $400MM CESCE & COFACE Guaranteed Facility for the Panama Metro.